Grant Connect is an online database that can connect organizations with funders who share their cause. The database offers multiple ways to find potential grants by being able to search based on funding interests, region, gift sizes, and types of support. Grant Connect is a tool to find new funding opportunities, organize your prospects, and target proposals based on the best funder for your project.
No room in your budget to purchase the program for your organization? Working on a one time project and only need to find a few grants? Many regional libraries or local support centres provide access to this valuable program free of charge. The Information and Volunteer Centre for Strathcona County provides local non-profits and community groups to use the database for free! To book an appointment call 780.464.4242. For more information visit their website.
Workshops are always valuable. Whether you learn vital information for your fundraising needs, meet important contacts, or connect with other organizations. Luckily for us, Edmonton and its surrounding areas are full of insightful and useful workshops. Below we have outlined a few upcoming workshops that could help leverage your funding!
AFP Edmonton is hosting numerous workshops over the course of the next few months that can help you improve your fundraising. Below we have outlined a few, but check out their website for a full list of their upcoming events and for more information.
September Breakfast: Demystifying the secrets to Fundraising
- The three step approach towards demystifying the secret to fundraising will change the way you interact with your prospects, donors and volunteers. Come learn the simplicity of fundraising.
- Date: September 12th, 2017
- Location: TBD
- Deadline to register is Friday, September 8, 2017.
CFRE Review Course
- The CFRE Review Course is organized around the domains of the CFRE exam and contains updated reference materials and sample exam questions.
- Date: September 15th, 2017
- Location: St. John’s Institute
- Deadline to register is September 7th, 2017.
Breakfast Presentation & Workshop: Sponsorship
- The workshop will be an interactive session designed to give you an understanding and tools to manage sponsorship activation, brainstorm activation concepts, and get sponsors to spend money to activate to your advantage and theirs.
- Date: October 4th, 2017
- Location: TBD
- The deadline to register is September 29th, 2017.
Upcoming workshops presented by Newman Consulting
Our very own Rhonda Newman will be presenting a workshop with Stephanie Gillis-Paulgaard from Take Roots Consulting called What Every NonProfit Board Member Needs to Know, Do and Avoid. This workshop is aimed at providing the necessary knowledge and tools for board members to excel in your organization.
- Date: October 21st from 9:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
- Location: Border Paving Athletic Centre
- Topics include but are not limited to:
- Understanding a board member’s role, their why, the non-profit landscape
- How to be an Ambassador for your non-profit and demonstrate leadership
- What to avoid to maintain board engagement.
Please check our workshop page frequently to see more information on the event and other workshop presentations.
Webinars are a great way to access information if you don’t have resources to attend a workshop or are living outside Edmonton and surrounding area. If you are looking for a webinar on a specific topic, chances are there is a recording or an upcoming event on the web! Search the topic you’re interested in and see what is available.
If a webinar doesn’t fit into your schedule, they are often recorded or the presenter will email a comprehensive set of notes after the live webinar if you register (registration is often free). Below we have outlined some of our favourite sites for webinars:
- Bloomerang’s core purpose is to improve donor retention in the non-profit world, and their webinars provide useful information to improve your funding efforts.
- Some upcoming workshops include how to think like a donor and the year before your capital campaign.
- Nonprofit Hub is an online educational community dedicated to giving nonprofits information and tools to better their organizations and communities.
- Their next webinar is being held on August 8th at 10:30 a.m. ET and is called Engagement is the New Acquisition: Pathways for Action.
Nonprofit Tech for Good
- Nonprofit Tech for Good is a leading social and mobile media resource for non-profit professionals. They focus on providing valuable, easy to understand information, news, and resources related to technology, online communications, and mobile and social fundraising.
- Although a global company, Nonprofit Tech for Good organizes their webinars by continent so the content is still applicable to Canadian organizations.