Newman Consulting offers a variety of workshops about fund development. Below, you’ll find samples of workshops currently being offered.
- The Major Gift Challenge: How to Get Started Raising Major Gifts
- Capital Campaigns: Plan for Success
- Perfecting Your Organization’s message
- Annual Giving for the Small Shop: Effective & Efficient Fundraising
- 4 Simple Secrets Successful Nonprofits know that help them Avoid the Heartbreaking Rejection Letter
- What Every NonProfit Board Member Needs to Know, Do and Avoid
Plan on attending one of our scheduled workshops below:
What Every NonProfit Board Member Needs to Know, Do and Avoid
Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2017
When: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Cost: Free (Must pre-register) $45 for non-residents
The City of Spruce Grove will be hosting this workshop with instructors Rhonda Newman from Newman Consulting & Stephanie Gillis-Paulgaard from Take Roots Consulting. Below is an example of some of the topics that will be covered to ensure your board has the knowledge and tools to be effective members.
What You Need to Know
- Understand Your Role as a Board Member
- Understand Your Why
- Understand the Non-profit Landscape
What You Should Do
- Be an Ambassador for your non-profit
- What does being an Ambassador ‘look’ like
- Effective Planning
- Monitor and strengthen programs and services.
- Team building
What to Avoid
- Disengagement of Board members.
- Improper Recruitment.
- Too many meetings/sub-committees: Respect board members’ time
To register, please visit the following website.
Please check back frequently for updates on this workshop.