Newman Consulting offers a variety of workshops about fund development. Below, you’ll find samples of workshops currently being offered in public settings as well as private team training settings.
- The Major Gift Challenge: How to Get Started Raising Major Gifts
- Capital Campaigns: Plan for Success
- Perfecting Your Organization’s message
- Annual Giving for the Small Shop: Effective & Efficient Fundraising
- 4 Simple Secrets for Grant Writing Successful Nonprofits know that help them Avoid the Heartbreaking Rejection Letter
- What Every NonProfit Board Member Needs to Know, Do and Avoid
- From Survive to Thrive: What most Non-profits Are NOT Doing
Plan on attending one of our scheduled workshops below:
What Every NonProfit Board Member Needs to Know, Do and Avoid
Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018
When: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Where: Strathcona County Community Centre and County Hall 401 Festival Lane, Sherwood Park, AB
Information and Volunteer Centre will be hosting this workshop with instructors Rhonda and Derek Newman of Newman Consulting. Below is an example of some of the topics that will be covered to ensure you avoid the dreaded grant rejection letter.
Know Why you exist and know Why you need the money.
- “Start with the Why” Simon Sinek
- The power of a Case for Support
Know Who your potential funders are.
- Find out what they want
- “Seek first to understand then to be understood” Stephen Covey
- Where to find Grant Funders
- How to be strategic with resources
Speak the Language of the Funder.
- Whats In It For Me?
- What Funders are looking for in their investment
- Evaluation & Impact
To register, please visit the following website.
Please check back frequently for updates on this workshop and others.